Wednesday 12 June 2013

The Why of This Blog

Hello. My name is Dagrun and I'm a ninth-century Dane. Well, I like to imagine that I am.

I've been a re-enactor for 12 years or so and am all about the living history and crafts. In the course of my crafty viking endeavours, I've often found it frustrating looking for information on the internet. You see a great outfit on Pinterest, but after following a series of links all you can find out is that it was "based on a find". But what find? How much of the original item was found? How much of the awesome outfit is conjecture? Enquiring minds need to know.

This blog will hopefully come to feature lots of my kit items, with my research, references and an honest appraisal of the bits I've just added because they look cool, damn it.

I'm really interested in talking to anyone who is likewise trying to navigate the nightmare of historical accuracy, so please feel free to contact me in the comments.

- Dagrun the Determined


4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the progress! Just think,you will be the worlds foremost expert after all this ;-)
    Good luck and keep posting,blood sweat and tear-ing and crafting :-)
    Lou (tattooed mama)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, stranger! I just recognized your face from a Pinterest pin, and I was really excited to see you have a blog! Now that I have been sucked into the SCA world I am reading lots of garb blogs and yours is so lovely. Looking forward to reading more! <3

    -Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dagrun,
    I'm also a 9th century Dane just entering the world of reenacting in New Hampshire, USA. I'm following with interest and wish you the best.
    Tófa Isagsdöttir

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm greatly interested in reading more of your blog posts. You seem like a great resource. I'm just getting started in reenactment.

    ReplyDelete